You are about to join a very elite club of aerial travelers. In order to ensure that your experience aboard the Goodyear Blimp is safe and enjoyable, we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines. Failure to do so could result in injury to you, your fellow passengers and/or the flight crew. We appreciate your cooperation and bon voyage!
- Rides aboard the Goodyear Blimp are by invitation only.
- All passengers who have received invitations to fly on the Goodyear Blimp must call and register with the airship base and be placed on the confirmed reservation list (in advance) in order to be cleared to fly.
- All passenger groups must call the Goodyear airbase the day of their departure to confirm their flight (weather can cause a cancellation)
- If your flight is cancelled due to weather, it will be reset for a later date based on the airship's schedule.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- We strongly suggest footwear with good support and traction (e.g. tennis/running shoes). High heeled shoes and flip flops are prohibited!
- Dress for the prevailing temperature and weather conditions. The gondola is not pressurized and you will be embarking and disembarking outside in the open air.
- While children under four years of age are discouraged from flying on the Goodyear Blimp, exceptions can be made. This must be done prior to the date of the flight through the PR manager for the airship and with the pilot's approval.
- All children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- All passengers 18 years of age or older must present a proper photo I.D. prior to boarding the airship.
- All passengers must listen, understand and follow the boarding and disembarking instructions of their assigned guide.
- There is a ladder attached to the bottom of the gondola which passengers must be able to ascend and descend in order to enter and exit the airship. Only one person at a time is permitted on the ladder. Goodyear reserves the right to refuse entry on our new-style airship (NT) to any guest exceeding the manufacturer’s ladder weight limit of 300 pounds. All guests' weight will be verified for compliance with this requirement prior to flight.
- While on the ground the airship is subject to the prevailing winds and can therefore be quite mobile. This requires that all passengers be alert and follow the instructions (particularly during boarding and disembarking) in order to avoid any injury to themselves, the Goodyear crew, or the airship itself.
- All airship passengers must be fully ambulatory and without physical impairment(s) that could prevent them from moving quickly at the direction of the pilot or ground crew.
- The Goodyear Blimp has a varying lift capacity (depending on weather conditions). Therefore the pilot may need to reconfigure passenger groups in order to ensure a safe weight for both launching and landing.
- Every effort is made to pre-schedule the appropriate number of people for each flight, however, the number of passengers (regardless of size and/or weight) is always at the determination of the Pilot-in-Charge.
- It is strongly recommended that passengers refrain from using alcohol, or prescription drugs that might interfere with their motor skills or concentration in advance of taking a blimp ride.
- Please place cell phones and electronic devices into Airplane Mode before boarding the airship. Using these devices for photo taking only is permitted.
- All passengers must sign a "Release and Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement" prior to boarding the airship.
Goodyear reserves the right to deny flight status to anyone who is unable or unwilling to comply with these guidelines.
If you have successfully arranged for a blimp ride, it is important that you read and follow the above guidelines and those in the attachments below.
Blimp Ride Certificate Requests
Thank you for your interest in submitting a request for a ride certificate on the Goodyear Blimp from The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company. Each year, the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company receives hundreds of requests for ride certificates for our world-famous Goodyear blimps. The opportunities for charitable ride certificates are very limited because the blimps are often flying to deliver value for Goodyear.
If you have interest in submitting a request, please begin your process here.